A Message From Our Leadership
“Give to Revive Our Worship” Capital Campaign
Idaville Church has always focused on the next generation of Christ followers. It is evident through Idaville’s history that this focus has been the catalyst for expansion and growth. The leadership of Idaville Church has been praying, discussing, and researching options for the various needs that have been identified over the past several years.
Over 50 years ago, Idaville Church leadership recognized that the property where the white clap-board church was located could not accommodate a larger building that was necessary for a better Christian Education facility. While it felt like the doors were closing for expanding, God was not finished with the vision He had placed in the hearts of leadership. The old schoolhouse property became available and was purchased in 1963. There was plenty of property to build a new church facility with an adequate Christian Education wing. As Idaville Church continued to grow, God again placed the vision for building expansion on the hearts of the leadership. The expansion again focused on the need for better Christian Education facilities. In September of 1992 they dedicated the multipurpose facility to the glory of God. In 2015 God once again began to stir in the hearts of leadership the need to provide a safe and secure environment for children to learn and for individuals of all ages to grow in their walk with the Lord. That is when leadership began discussing ways to address the needs that had been identified. Over the past couple of years our attendance numbers have decreased, but we believe that God is calling us to take the next step of faith. The leadership in 1963 understood that Idaville Church would continue to have a growing impact on their community, which is why they built special walls in the foyer that would allow for expansion. They had vision for the future and we have faith to move forward.
As you read through the following pages, our desire is:
- to clearly explain the needs and challenges our church body is currently facing
- to communicate the goals of this campaign, including how it address those needs
- to explain how we can complete this mission together
Our vision through the “Give to Revive Our Worship” (G.R.O.W.) campaign is to provide families and individuals of all ages with a safe and secure environment for them to grow in their walk with God and have fellowship with other believers. This will include expanding our current foyer, creating a safe and secure children’s wing, creating a new sanctuary space, and expanding and improving our parking lot. It will also include additional storage space, which will enable us to provide a safe environment for those using our facilities. We realize that addressing all of these needs will require a two phase approach. Phase 1 will include a safe and secure children’s wing, a new sanctuary, and addressing our parking lot. Phase 2 will include renovating our foyer and adding additional storage space.
Understanding the Need
Our current facilities have served our congregation well over the last 50 plus years of ministry. When we began the process a couple of years ago, the following needs were identified and as we begin to grow again, these same needs will continue to arise:
Lack of Parking and Needed Maintenance: With the increase in sanctuary space and a new secure children’s area, we will need to expand our parking to accommodate the growth. It will provide us with additional handicap parking and we can address the maintenance and repair work that needs to be done to our parking lot.
Safe and Secure Children’s Area: With the current configuration of our children’s ministry area, it is difficult to provide a secure environment for the children we minister to, even with our sign-in/sign-out procedure in place. Through the expansion project we will be able to provide a secure environment that will give parents confidence as they leave their children in our care.
Growing Sunday Morning Worship Attendance: Two years ago we were consistently filling our current sanctuary space to 80% or more of its capacity. That is considered full for our rural setting. We have the potential to grow beyond that capacity with a larger sanctuary space. Over the years, Idaville Church has been characterized as a loving and caring church body. Those qualities attract individuals who are seeking to be part of a body of believers that will love and care for them. While our current Sunday morning worship attendance numbers are below the 80% capacity, we are on the precipice of renewed growth. God is calling us to take the necessary steps of faith before we realize that renewed growth.
Limited Storage Space: We are very limited on the amount of space we have available to store supplies, chairs, and other items. Currently we have stacking chairs and a cabinet in one of our hallways. We have a plan in place to address that for now. Our portable stage is stored in the large garage across the parking lot and requires a pickup truck to move the pieces to the multipurpose room. We also have various decorations and musical props that are stored throughout our building and garages. We will be able to locate many of those items in a storage space connected to the multipurpose room. It will provide a clutter-free environment that will be safe for everyone who uses the church facilities.
Goals of the Campaign
The board of administration, which includes our ministry leaders, have prayerfully and deliberately worked together to address these needs, and have prepared a plan for this campaign.
GOAL #1: CREATE a Safe and Secure Children’s Wing
- The basement level of the new building will provide a common entrance area where parents will be able to sign their children in and out
- The classrooms and large-group area will be safe and secure for the children.
- The nursery and preschool/kindergarten area will have dedicated restrooms so the teacher or helper will not have to leave the room.
- A secure and separate boys and girls restroom area will be provided for the children up through 6th grade.
GOAL #2: EXPAND and Improve Parking
- While expanding our facility will eliminate several parking spaces, the proposed expansion of the parking lot will provide an overall increase of twelve parking spaces.
- Adding parking to the front of our property and expanding the entrances will allow for two-way traffic and for additional ADA parking spaces.
- The entire parking lot will be resurfaced, which will address its aging condition.
GOAL #3: BUILD a New Sanctuary and Storage Area and Improve Our Foyer
- We would build a new sanctuary that will provide seating for nearly 300 individuals.
- We would use the back section of our current sanctuary to provide a larger foyer area where congregants can fellowship and we can highlight various ministries and missionaries.
- The improved and expanded foyer area will also allow us to have ADA approved restroom facilities for both men and women on the sanctuary level.
- The proposed sanctuary space would also have storage available on both the platform and seating area.
- The proposed new storage area would be attached to the multipurpose room.
Vision for the Expansion Project
We have asked some of our ministry leaders to express how they see the expansion project benefitting not only their area of ministry, but the church as a whole.
“At Idaville Church, our mission is to Pursue, Grow, and Multiply Disciples which is the Great Commission given to us by Jesus in Matthew 28. This bold expansion project that we embark upon can only be done through God’s will and in his power. It will give us the means by which we can pursue those in our community who need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. It will give us the ability to grow them up in the knowledge and wisdom of God’s Word and then be able to send them out in to the world to tell others about what Christ has done for them and to multiply disciples for the kingdom of God.”
“Having a dedicated, safe, and secure children’s area will provide peace of mind for parents and teachers. With the addition of new classrooms for the children, we can use the current classrooms as meeting places for adults and small groups. By expanding and updating our church, we will continue to provide a warm and welcoming place for future generations to come and grow together in their faith.”
“I have been attending IUB for the past 40 years. I proudly call this church home and the other congregants my family. There have been many changes at IUB during those 40 years. The one thing that has not changed is the passion and dedication of our church members to fulfilling the Great Commission. As chair of the Worship Commission, it is my task to enhance the Sunday morning worship service and organize the volunteers to make the morning run smoothly. My desire has always been, for every person who comes through the doors, to feel welcome and to feel the presence of God in a comfortable and safe environment.
With the G.R.O.W. Capital Campaign and expansion project, a new sanctuary will give IUB an opportunity to welcome many visitors and our members and eliminate our current size restrictions. A secure children’s area will give us all a peace of mind that the children are safe and protected. I am excited about these new changes and look forward to growing in size, the chance to worship in a safe and comfortable environment and continuing to pursue the Great Commission.”
As with any construction project, actual dates depend on many factors and could change as needed, but our goal for breaking ground on the expansion is the spring of 2021.
Sunday, March 25, 2018 is scheduled as “Commitment Sunday” for the “Give to Revive Our Worship” (G.R.O.W.) Campaign, and March of 2021 is scheduled as the completion of the three-year campaign
The primary goal of the “Give to Revive Our Worship” Campaign is to raise $500,000 above and beyond our regular tithes and offerings by March 2021 (three years). This will enable us to pay off the $18,500 roof debt on the multipurpose room, pay for the estimated $80,000 Land Development part of the expansion project, and begin to set aside funds for the actual construction costs. The Land Development part will help us determine how we can expand. The proposal from Centurion Construction Group, LLC is one way of expanding. Once Land Development is completed, we can explore different options.
Where Will the Funds Come From?
The total cost for the completion of the project is estimated to be $1.8 million. Over the course of the threeyear campaign, our goal is to reach the following participation milestones:
- $500,000 from the congregation
- The remaining balance will come from community fundraising and bank financing
On Sunday, March 25, 2018, part of our regular worship service will be a special Commitment Service. The congregation will be asked to communicate their faith commitment privately by placing a Commitment Card in a marked container in the foyer. A sample of the Commitment Card is included on the following page. This will allow our board and campaign team to plan accordingly.
We will also have each person show their commitment to the growth of the church by having them place their hand print on the tree in the entryway to the multipurpose room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ways to Get Involved
- Prayerfully consider an amount for your faith commitment.
- Mail your faith commitment card to the church office.
- Our financial reporter will receive and record your commitment into an anonymous database.
- You will receive a letter confirming your faith commitment.
- Your faith commitment is confidential and will remain confidential.
Additional Ways to Participate
- Take a personal inventory. Consider investing from as many areas as possible: income, time, talents, and assets, such as real estate, stocks, bonds, personal possessions, etc.
- Ask yourself, “What can I give up, do without, postpone, or alter in order to give to my church?”
- Faithfully pray that God is glorified as we join together in the “Give to Revive Our Worship” campaign.
How Can I Pray?
- Praise God for his faithful provision to our family and church body over the past 120 plus years.
- Pray that God will continue to reveal his will and give wisdom to those in leadership as they make decisions regarding the future of Idaville Church (James 1:5).
- Pray that God will help us to be like-minded within our families and our congregation, so we can work together to fulfill His will for our church (Philippians 2:1-2).
- Pray that God will use those who attend Idaville Church to make a difference for Jesus in our community and throughout the world (Matthew 5:13-16).
- Pray for God to provide everything we need to fulfill His will for our church, so that we can continue to “help people find and follow Jesus” (Ephesians 3:20-21).
If you have questions about the campaign, the expansion project, or the upcoming ministry plans, we’d love to talk to you.
Questions and comments concerning the capital campaign can be sent to Laurin Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Stuart Johns (email@example.com). You can also contact the church office by phone at (717) 323 0335.
More details and updates can also be found on our website, https://idaville.church.
|Pastoral Lead||Pastor Stuart Johns|
|Assistant Pastor||Pastor Marc Webb|
|Board Chairperson||Laurin Fleming|
|Christian Education Chairperson||Linda Asper|
|Finance Commission Chairperson||Derrick Nell|
|Financial Reporter||Karan Hoffman|
|Outreach Commission Chairperson||Marlene McCauslin|
|Property Commission Chairperson||Sherl Shaffer|
|Spiritual Care Commission Chairperson||Bev Fleming|
|Worship Commission Chairperson||Billie Jo Brown|